Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two Thumbs Up

Tonight's post contains a potpourri of topics.  First, I've finished my Auburn crochet project! I ended up making a big, soft, comfy cowl using one skein of orange and one skein of blue yarn.  It actually turned out much better then I thought!  I think it looks cute worn just draped over the neck or wrapped around once for a close, warm fit. 





Second, As most of you already know, the Bowers household has been over come with the common cold for the past week.  First, it got Evan.  And, now I see where all the Moms out there are coming from when they say it breaks their heart to see their babies sick.  I felt so helpless when he would look at me with his swollen eyes and runny nose and know he was thinking something like, "Mommy, I have no idea what is wrong with me but I don't like it.  Make it go away."  I couldn't make it go away.  However, I did have something to make his red, sore, runny nose feel a little better.  Boogie Wipes!  Many of you may already know about this wonderful invention for sick kids.  They are similar to tissues but soaked in saline.  So, they prevent your child's little nose from becoming raw and irritated!  They are a little pricey, but well worth it in my book.  I received them as a shower gift and now I will always have a package of them around the house for allergies or colds!  (I've actually used them myself since Evan was gracious enough to share his cold with me and I've avoided the embarassing dry and cracked nose I always seem to get with colds)


Two thumbs up for finishing projects and Boogie Wipes!

2 comments:

L.S. Goins said...

Dude! I have got to get me some Boogie Wipes.

Jenny said...

Loren, I hope you and Steph were able to find some Boogie Wipes and I hope they lived up to all my hype!