That's right! Evan and I are back in San Antonio. After a very long trip - 10 hours from Ohio to Montgomery and then 17 hours from Montgomery to San Antonio - we made it home safe and sound! A huge thanks to my Mom and Dad for taking such wonderful care of Evan and I while we were in Ohio. They did so much for us and I feel as if I cannot say thank you enough. My Mom even made the trip back to San Antonio with Evan and I - what a HUGE help! Having someone in the car to help with Evan and the dogs was such a relief! I also have to give a big shout out to Katie and Lathan for letting us stay at the McHoiles Bed and Breakfast during our trip. It was so nice to have place with a comfy bed, delicious food, and wonderful conversations during our trip! And, I know that Max and Paddy thoroughly enjoyed themselves hanging out with Penny and Winston!
This trip definitely couldn't have happened without our wonderful friends here in San Antonio that kept an eye on our house. Knowing that my house was well taken care of made the trip so much more enjoyable. To the Amatos and Townsends - You guys are amazing and thank you so much for everything you did while I was gone from the house! From helping me out when the battery on the Element decided to die the night before leaving San Antonio, to driving by the house to make sure everything was status quo, to mowing the lawn (or what is left of it after the lack of rain!) to adjusting the thermostat so my electric bill wasn't too crazy, to just being available if I needed anything - it was such a huge help. You guys rock!! Please know that if you EVER need ANYTHING, I'm your lady!
I miss my family terribly. And, I wont lie - I miss the extra help with Evan! But, it is so good to be back in the house and with all my stuff. Evan seems to like it too. All his toys we left here are brand new to him all over again. One thing I did not miss while we were gone...the weather here in south central Texas. I've been home for a week now and EVERY single day has been 100+ degree weather. But, we are managing. Getting all our running around and errands done before noon so that we are back in the comfort of our air condition house for the most brutal part of the day.
I have a ton of stuff to blog about. Fun stuff that Evan and I did while we were in Ohio and Alabama. And, I've also crocheted some pretty neat things that I'll be blogging about. I've been venturing out of my "scarf and hat safe zone!" Everything from bags and clutches to shrugs and dish towels. And, so far, I've been pretty pleased with how things have turned out!
Now that Evan and I are back and settled (well, almost settled!) and I am going to try and be a little bit better at blogging! So, keep checking back! More pictures and stories soon!!
Much Love!!
Max and Paddy in the car when we were leaving my parent's house.
The honestly thought this was going to work....






No comments:
Post a Comment