Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 Months...

I cannot believe my baby is 10 months old already!  It literally seems just like yesterday Jimmy and I were anxiously awaiting his arrival and then, even more anxiously, welcoming our sweet little baby boy into the world.  And, to think, in 2 months we will be celebrating his first birthday! 

10 months time has brought Evan very many milestones.  He has gone from barely being able to lift his head, to rolling over, to sitting up on his own, to crawling (which he has mastered quiet well!) to pulling himself up, to side-stepping while holding onto an object.  And, just within the past week he has become very good at standing on his own for a few seconds.  Soon he will be taking his first steps and the whole world will be within his reach (which scares me to death!)

It has only taken 10 months, but Evan has his very first tooth peeking through!  He is eating almost anything I put in front of him.  He eats everything from green beans, to peas, to sweet potatoes, to chicken now.  He even had his first taste of pancakes just the other morning!

Evan has become a very independent little boy.  He no longer is interested in me showing him how to use a new toy or how to accomplishing a new task.  He enjoys figuring it out for himself.  And, he no longer wants me to feed him.  He wants to feed himself using a spoon.  Which, if I might say, is very entertaining to watch.  He gets so excited when food actually makes it to his mouth since most of it either ends up back on the tray or in his lap.

I have started practicing and using baby sign language with Evan.  I have only been doing it for a few weeks now, but I can already tell he follows my hands and is aware of the different signs I use.  We are only using a few signs at the moment.  Such as, Please, Eat, More, Hurt, Stop, and Finished.  It is a work in progress, so we will see how it goes!

On the other hand, Evan is more talkative than ever!  He "talks" to everything.  Max, Paddy, Me, his toys, his feet.  Basically anything that will listen.  Just the other day, while I was cooking dinner, Evan was sitting under the dinner table (his favorite spot) "talking" up a storm.  I asked him, "Who are you talking too?"  He responded "Da Da!"  Now, I realize it was just the next "sound" to come out of his mouth.  And, that he doesn't quiet grasp the concept of Mama and Dada yet.  But, it still was amazing to hear and put a huge smile on my face!

Every morning I walk into his room and I am reminded of how much love fills my heart for this little man.  I am amazed at how much he has already grown and how much he as already accomplished.  It only makes me anxious and excited for his future!  There isn't anything his laughter or hugs do not make make better.  I see his smile and everything in the world seems right.

From one day old to ten months old. Take a look for yourself at how much Evan has grown in the last 10 months! 













He looks less like a baby and more like a little boy (and more like Jimmy!) with each passing month! 

This little guy definitely has my heart wrapped around his little finger!

No comments: