Monday, September 5, 2011

San Antonio Botanical Gardens

This past week Evan and I woke up bright and early (to avoid the 105 degree afternoon temperature that day!) so that we could enjoy some "outside" time.  Ever since we have been back in San Antonio I've felt this tiny tinge of guilt.  Guilt because Evan cannot go outside and play.  He cannot crawl around on the grass because it is basically the texture of hay.  We cannot go on afternoon or evening walks because it is still 100+ degrees well into the evening hours.  It is horrible to be a kid in San Antonio during the summer! 

So, to remedy this, Evan and I met my friend Suzanne and two of her boys at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens early one morning.  It was still hot outside, but it was at least tolerable.  The gardens were BEAUTIFUL!  And green!!  You could tell that they weren't up to their full "potential" because the Botanical Gardens have to follow the water restrictions currently in place as well.  But, they have done a good job with under the circumstances.  Here are a few pictures from our day!



Evan and me in the Japanese Gardens


Isn't it beautiful?



Suzanne, Jacob, and Joey


Evan loved all the plants.  I had to keep a close eye on his wandering hands to make sure he didn't grab a leaf as a souvenir.


They had a waterfall you could walk under.  This was Evan's favorite part.  I just had to be careful and make sure we didn't slip on the rock and fall into the water!

No comments: