What a difference a year makes!
October 23, 2010
to
October 22, 2011
Evan is now officially a one year old!
I cannot believe my "baby" is now a "toddler." To say that this past year went by in a blink of an eye is an understatement. I literally feels like just yesterday I went in for my routine 38 week appointment and my doctor informed me and (a very nervous) Jimmy that she believed I should be induced that day. It is amazing how, after nine months of preparing, when it actually comes "time" all that preparedness walks right out the door. In that instant, it feels as if you just found out you were pregnant. Little did I know, 27 hours later, when the doctors announced, "It's a BOY!" I would be feeling the most amazing, unconditional, powerful, and immediate love I have ever experienced.
Evan's first birthday party turned into a whole weekend celebration. We had his birthday party on Saturday, October 22nd and Evan was baptized on Sunday, October 23rd. Both days were so much fun! We had family and friends (who, in every sense of the word, are family too!) come in from all over the country. I'm not sure if you remember me mentioning a few posts back, that Evan's favorite toy was his Mickey Mouse doll. Jimmy and I thought it was fitting to go ahead and have a Mickey Mouse themed party. Everything was red, black, white, and yellow. Everyone wore Mickey ears. We (Steph and I) made a Mickey cake, Mickey Oreos, and Mickey cupcakes. Katie helped me come up with all the ideas (I've always said she should go into party planning!). Steph even made an awesome earless Mickey Mouse for the game, Pin the ears on Mickey. We ended up not playing the game due to time and group of worn out kids. But, Mickey still hangs on my wall and every once in a while Evan walks up to him and "talks" to him. So, he will be sticking around for a little while
longer!
The Invitation to the party of the century! :)
Ann (Jimmy's Mom) and Steph helping make the goodie bags.
The finished product!
Mickey Mouse Oreos.
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!
The treats table!
My attempt at Mickey Mouse cup cakes.
He was so "good" with his chocolate Mickey Mouse Cupcake.
This was the messiest he got!
It was as if he didn't want to get dirty!
Uncle Emilio and Aunt Traci.
Jimmy and some of his co-workers.
Grandpa (or Grandpapa or Opa or Gramps or Pops...) and Aunt Stephie.
Grammie and Grandmother.
Aunt Katie.
The Loot! :)
Opening presents.
Yay!
My little Mickey Mouse!!
Our first family photo...
And now, a year later...
Thank you to everyone who celebrated with Jimmy, Evan, and I! It means so much to us to have such amazing family and friends. I'm still in awe of how far some of you were willing to travel just to celebrate with Evan! We love you all!!
I love my Life, my Family (all of you!), and my Friends!






No comments:
Post a Comment