Friday, October 14, 2011

Sea World

While Jimmy was on his R & R, we took a day to visit Sea World here in San Antonio.  We had so much fun!  We went on a Friday and the park was basically empty since kids here were back in school.

*Note to Self:  ALWAYS visit amusement parks on weekdays while school is in session.* 

We didn't have to wait in a single line and we always had a good seat for all the shows.  It was wonderful.  The best part about Sea World...It is exactly 3.4 miles from our front door to the park entrance!  You can actually see the roller coasters from our front yard.  So, to all our friends and family who are planning on coming to visit us...Guess what we will be doing when you come??  You guessed it!  Going to Sea World!  I'm still working on trying to convince Jimmy that we need an annual pass.  They apparently have a pretty awesome water park (we didn't make it there during our trip).  And, I cannot think of a better way for Evan and I to escape the San Antonio summer heat next year! 


Evan didn't quiet know what to make of all the fountains in the Bay of Play.  He was enjoying himself for a few minutes and then decided he had had enough.  Jimmy and I think that maybe the water fountains were a little big and too powerful and that maybe next year he will enjoy them a little more once he's a little bigger.


However, he did enjoy the musical show put on by the Sesame Street characters!  He was mesmerized the whole show! 



He LOVED Cookie Monster!



Evan and I watching Azul.  This was my favorite show we saw!  It had dolphins, beluga whales, big colorful birds (the birds were Evan's favorite because they flew right over our heads!), acrobatic divers and synchronized swimmers.

I love the picture below!  Can you tell it was nap time??  After the show Jimmy and I capitalized on "nap time" and enjoyed a relaxing lunch while Evan took a nice long afternoon nap. 



One of the rides at the park.  Jimmy is wearing the green shirt sitting in the middle of the very last row.  Since the park was so empty we were both able to enjoy all the rides.  I would ride while Jimmy watched Evan and then we would switch.  I was super impressed with the roller coasters at Sea World!  Jimmy's favorite was the Great White and my favorite was the Steel Eel. 


It's Jimmy's version of "Heaven on Earth"...tons of frozen icee flavors with 99 cent refills. 


Mommy Shamu and baby Shamu showing off during the Shamu show! 


Mommy and baby Shamu.  Evan loved the Shamu show. 




He loved Shamu so much we just had to get him his very own Shamu. 

Can you tell he liked it?? 


All three of us had so much fun!  We will definitely be going back many times! 

Evan and Shamu passed out on the way home.

1 comment:

Steph said...

You look beautiful! I can't wait to see you guys ...especially Jimmy! I missed my brudder