And, these days "dog" is one of the few words in Evan's limited, but always expanding vocabulary. It sounds more like, "Doe" but Jimmy and I know what he is saying. It's usually repeatedly said ("doe! doe! doe!") by a very excited Evan while chasing Max and/or Paddy around the house. He carries around the dog's empty food bowls. I usually have to go on a hunt for them when it's dinner time. And, for his birthday, Evan received a cute little puppy dog toy from his Paw Paw and Grandmother (Jimmy's mom and dad) that he has recently become obsessed with.
So, needless to say dogs are a big part of Evan's life at the moment.
I didn't realize exactly how much he had been obseving the dogs and their behaviors. I just figured he liked to play in their crates and enjoyed chasing them around the house. But, then a few days ago Jimmy and I found this...
He had put his puppy dog toy in Paddy's cage! And even shut the door so he wouldn't escape! It amazes me that he was able to recognize his puppy is a dog like Max and Paddy and that it needed to go to bed like Max and Paddy! One of the greatest joys I have as being Evan's mom is watching him grow - physically and mentally. I absolutely love it!
So, now Paddy has a roommate most days!







No comments:
Post a Comment