Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolutions...


Even though I declare one every year about this time...I've never been a big fan of "New Years Resolutions."  Most of the time, I feel as if I'm purposely setting myself up to fail.  Last year's resolution was to run my first 5k.  I am proud to say, I actually accomplished this resolution.  Well, kind-of-sorta.  I ran my first 5k...on my treadmill...in the safety of my own home..sparing the public from having to see my body, it all it's glory, running.  I didn't "officially" run in a 5k with an "official" time or get one of those "official" 5k t-shirts you get when you've finished a race.  But, I did run non-stop for 3.1 miles.  Which is something I hadn't done in a LONG time!  So, even though I maybe setting myself up for a little disappointment by year's end, here are a few things I would like to "complete" or, at least, "attempt to complete" before the end of 2012!
  1. Run a 10k
  2. Clean and organize the garage
  3. Clean and organize the guest bedroom closet
  4. Learn how to knit
  5. Lower my blood pressure by 10 points (hopefully training for number 1 will help me with this!)
  6. Read at least one book a month
  7. Use only organic and natural ingredients in my cooking (something I'm so close to doing!)
  8. Blog more consistently! 
So, there you go.  We will see how good I am at achieving these goals.  I'm hoping since I've declared them for all the public to see, I might be a little more motivated! 

No comments: