Sunday, March 27, 2011

Five Months!

Evan turned 5 months old this week!  I know I say this with every passing month...But, I cannot believe it has already been 5 months since my sweet baby boy came into this world!  He is so happy and so much fun!  You should see him - He now reaches for things with both hands and immediately tries to put everything in his mouth.  He laughs more and more each day!  He is still working on sitting up.  He tries SO hard!  I love his determination!  He slept COMPLETELY through the night for the first time this past week.  I put him to bed at 8:30 and he slept until 7:30 the next morning!  Ah, that was an awesome night for Mommy.  So far he seems to like his rice cereal.  He gets distracted very easily, so feeding him takes a while, but he is getting really good at taking everything in.  I am amazed by him and everything he does everyday.  He is such a sweet heart!

Evan had an appointment last week to check his weight.  His pediatrician wanted Jimmy and I to bring him in again at 5 months instead of waiting until 6 months because he had dropped from the 50th to the 20th percentile in his weight measurement at 4 months.  Everything checked out beautifully and he is back up in the 50th percentile! 

(It seems every picture I have of him right now he has his hands in his mouth!)

5 Month Statistics
Weight:  15 pounds 10 ounces
Length:  25.5 inches



You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. 
 And if you treat them like sons,
they'll turn out to be heroes,
even if it's just in your own eyes. 
~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
 

No comments: