Monday, March 14, 2011

What a Weekend!

It has been a crazy few days here in the Bower's house!  Saturday afternoon Jimmy came down with some sort of evil stomach virus that landed us in the emergency room at 2:00 Sunday morning.  I felt so bad for him.  He was so sick and weak.  It got to the point where he was just laying on the bathroom floor, unable to walk.  That's when I knew we would be making a trip to the ER.  The last thing I wanted was a weak husband that I could not lift off the floor!  (I had visions of having to call friends to help me pick him up)  He got doses of pain and nausea medications, fluids, and then the doctors observed him for a while to make sure he wasn't getting any worse. 

My poor hubby recovering in the ER

I have to say, Jimmy and I have become very efficient and good at living the "Air Force Life."  In fact, we love being a military family and I am so proud of my husband and his career.  We have adapted to living far from our families.  Now, don't get me wrong.  We miss our families so much and wish we could see them more often.  But, out of necessity, we have built our lives around being able to take care of things that others might rely on family members for.  But, all that went out the window at 2:00 Sunday morning.  As I was bundling up my 4 month old and loading him and a very sick husband into the car all I wanted was for a family member to live close by.  I would have given anything to have been able to just call a family member to come over and stay with Evan while I took Jimmy to the ER.  It would have been so much easier!  But, we got through it and were back home and in bed by 6:00am.

Jimmy is now feeling much better.  After a few days of clear liquids, Matzo Ball Soup and lots of TLC he seems to be getting back to his old self!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea Jimmy was so sick. James said Jimmy had a "stomach thing" but I'm sorry sorry it landed him in the ER! I wonder if it was the saem dreadful thing Lily had last week. Anyway, I know I'm not a blood family member, but you can ALWAYS can me at any time, day or night, and I'll come right over. Lord knows you guys did that for us back in September! Seriously, call me next time!

Jenny said...

Thanks Lauren! I actually thought about calling you and then I remembered that James had just gotten home and I didn't want to be rude. I will admit though, when Jimmy was laying on the bathroom floor and I was worried I wasn't going to be able to get him up, James was at the top of my list to call for help!! It's so nice to have good friends you can count on for anything :)