This year was a quiet St. Patrick's Day in the Bowers' House. I made Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner and for dessert we had my Great-Grandmother Nennie's (whom I am named after) Irish Soda Bread. Everything was delicious and I probably ate way too much! St. Patrick's Day is and always has been a big deal in my family. With a large Irish-Catholic family and names like Connolly and McEnery, how could we not celebrate?!? It is definitely one of my favorite days of the year!
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
~an Irish Blessing
All Dressed Up for St Patrick's Day
Who needs Corned Beef and Cabbage when you can just suck on your fingers!
My Little Leprechaun
Happy St. Patrick's Day!









No comments:
Post a Comment