Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day.
This post is to honor all Military Spouses.
Past, present, and future.
To me, there is nothing more honorable, proud, and scary than being a military spouse. I just hope I am doing the job well :)
I am going to take moment to honor a very special military spouse. My Mom. In my eyes, she is the most amazing military spouse the world has seen. She was by my Dad's side, holding his hand, through his whole military career. Moving overseas, not once, but twice. Watching her husband board a plane every Monday and then picking him up at the same airstrip every Thursday for four years. The whole time not knowing where he was going or what he was doing. Just trusting he was safe because she had too. Holding the house together while my dad depolyed to Saudi Arabia for countless months. Packing up a whole house, husband, three girls, and two cats a total of 12 times (it could me more...that's all I can remember!). She was, and is, so brave. Everything I have learned about being military spouse and living the military way, I owe to her.
I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.
But, I am in the military. In the ranks that are rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders.
Salutes, I do not give.
But, the military world is the place where I live.
I am not in the chain of command. Orders I do not get.
But, my husband does. This I can not forget.
I am not the one who fires the weapon,
who puts my life on the line.
But, my job is just as tough. I am the one that is left behind.
My husband is a patriot, a brave, and pride filled man.
And the call to serve his country not all understands.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.
I love the man I married. Soldiering is his life.
But, I stand among the silent ranks known as the
Military Wife.
~ Author Unknown






1 comment:
YAY mommy! and you are doing a pretty swell job too jenny :)
Post a Comment