Saturday, January 5, 2013

Catching up on the Holidays

I guess the one good thing about waiting so long between posts is that I always have a ton of fun stuff to talk about!

We will start with the Holidays!  We spent Thanksgiving in North Carolina with Jimmy's family and had a wonderful time.  We visited the Greensboro Children Museum, which Evan absolutely loved and I have a feeling he could have spent every day there.  We also visited Uncle Kevin at his fire station.  Yet, another place Evan absolutely loved!  I went to my first Thanksgiving meal at K&W Cafeteria.  It was actually very, very delicious and of course I ate way too much.  We followed dinner up with taking Evan to his very first movie, Wreck It Ralph.  Much to our surprise, he actually did really well.  I had visions of having to chase him around the theater or hold him hostage in his chair for most of the movie but I was pleasantly surprised!  We also jumped at the chance to attend the NC State vs Boston College Football game in Raleigh.  NC State won, yay!  We also froze our butts off because it was so cold!  But, we still had a great time!
 

Our Day at the Greensboro Children's Museum














Playing Football with Daddy





Uncle Kevin showing Evan around the Firehouse









For Christmas my parents came to visit and even though their visit started off on a sour note, we had a wonderful visit with them.  The very first night they were in San Antonio, their car was hit by a drunk driver while parked in front of our house.  Thank goodness no one was in the car when it was hit, but it sure did do some pretty significant damaged!  Good ole' San Antonio drivers for you. 







But, even though a good chunk of my parent's time here was spent having to deal with the car we were able to enjoy a few of the San Antonio sights.  We went down to the Riverwalk, walked around, enjoyed a delicious lunch, and stopped by to check out the Alamo.  I took my parents onto base and my Dad reminisced (or should I say had "unpleasant flashbacks") seeing all the trainees march in formation and stand at attention.  We really enjoyed having my parents here.  I love having them around and I'm so happy that Evan was able to get in some quality "Grammie and Grandpa" time. 








The Gingerbread Sponge Bob Pineapple Bikini Bottom Evan and Daddy made together.
(Daddy probably did more of the assembling while Evan did more of the snacking on the candies)



Snacking on the cookies Santa left behind.



Showing Grammie how to eat the candies off the the gingerbread.


Family Photo Take #1


Family Photo Take #2

Much Better!


In front of the the San Antonio Christmas Tree at the Alamo



One last picture before leaving for the airport.  
We miss you Grammie and Grandpa!


Christmas Morning we Skyped with our families around the country.  We were able to open presents with Grandmother and Paw Paw in North Carolina and with Stephanie and Lyle in Ohio.  We also skyped with Katie and Lathan in Boston and learned some very amazing news...Lathan had asked Katie to marry him Christmas morning and she (of course) said YES!!  So, it looks like we will be having a very awesome party to go to the end of April in Alabama!  We cannot wait!  Even thought I think it's impossible, I think Jimmy is more excited than I am...he loves a good party!

Right after he proposed!


The Ring!



Everything is good with me and Baby Bowers #2.  I'm 31 weeks (where does the time go).  I'm healthy and the baby is doing great.  We had a little bump in the road a few weeks ago.  I had failed my 1 hour glucose tolerate test and the baby was measuring approximately 5 weeks ahead according to my fundus height.  So, my doctor was a little more than worried I was gestational diabetic.  After having a little emotional and mental breakdown, I went for the 3 hour glucose test (a very unpleasant experience!) and had a growth ultrasound.  And, thankfully everything came back normal!  The baby was measuring a little big but still within normal limits on the ultrasound and my sugar levels all came back within normal range.  Very relieved!  My next appointment is this Monday and I'm already looking forward to hearing our baby's heart beat again. 

New Year's Eve
31 Weeks
Only 9 more weeks to go!


No comments: