Monday, May 9, 2011

I cry then I smile...

I cried watching him pack his things yesterday.

I cried while falling asleep in his arms last night.

I cried while driving to the airport this morning.

I cried watching him kiss Evan goodbye.

I cried while I watched him disappear through the gate door I could no longer see him. 

I cried while driving home, knowing he wasn't by my side.

I cried when I realized he wouldn't be coming home from work this evening.

I cried when I put Evan to bed by myself tonight.

I'm crying now, knowing I will not kiss him good night.

Right before boarding the plane.
(Evan had just fallen asleep)

But,

I smile thinking of his return.

I smile knowing he will do an amazing job.

I smile when I see his hand writing on my Mother's Day Card.

I smile when I walk into our bathroom and I can still smell his soap from his shower this morning.

I smile when I look at Evan.

I smile when I think about his first phone call home.

I smile because I am married to an amazing man who happens to also be my best friend.

I smile because my husband is a true hero and I am so proud of him.


I think we dream so that we do not have to be apart so long.  If we are in each other's dreams, we can play together all night.
~ Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobes

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That was beautiful Jenny! You are a strong family and I know you'll get through this deployment. Lean on your family and your friends (me!) and take lots of pictures. I'm sure Jimmy will love following the blog for updates while he's away. And the rest of us love it too! ;)