Saturday, February 5, 2011

Arctic Blast

Yep, you read that right...It snowed here in Texas!  It was just a dusting here in San Antonio and almost all of it was gone by 1:00 pm.  But, it was definitely enough to close down the city!  All schools started out on a delay and then eventually cancelled school all together.  The Texas Department of Transportation closed all interstates.  Which is a HUGE deal because there are 5 major highways then a handful of minor ones and you cannot get anywhere in San Antonio without having to take an interstate!  And, Lackland Air Force Base (where Jimmy works) closed completely.  Which was very nice, Jimmy got to stay home and hang out with us! 

I know a lot of my friends and family up north are probably reading this and laughing.  And, I'll admit, after the last six years in Ohio, the "dusting" of snow we received seemed like nothing.  However, it all comes into perspective once you realize the snow that fell yesterday was only the 19th time snow has EVER touched the ground here in San Antonio!!  The news stations here have termed the snow and the four days of constant below freezing temperatures leading up to the snow, the "Arctic Blast of 2011." 



 I have to say, while crossing the street to take the above picture I slipped because what I thought was just a little snow was actually ice.  So, maybe shutting down the interstates wasn't such a bad idea in a town whose residents aren't familiar with driving in icy conditions!





For today's blog I also have another "Evan wearing a Hat Mommy made Him" photo-shoot.  He's so cute, I just cant stop taking pictures of him! 


  "That's right Mom, I've mastered this whole 'sitting upright in my Bumbo' thing.  Check out my awesome 'holding my head up' skills.  Yep, I've got skills!"




 "I'm too cool for this.  Take your pictures so I can get on with my day.  I've got a jam pack day of swingin' in my swing, sucking my fist, and takin' a nap."



 "Bwahahahaha.  I have Mommy and Daddy wrapped around my little fingers!  Bwahahahaha."






This last one is my favorite :)

 I found the following picture on one of my favorite blogging websites (shabbyblogs.com).  When I saw it I  couldn't help but wondered if this is what Evan will be thinking in a few years!


Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!

No comments: