I've been seeing animal hats on a lot of the crochet websites and I've always thought they looked really cute. So, I added little bear ears to this hat. My sister Stephanie has also been BEGGING me to make Evan a bear hat. It looks super cute on him. I wasn't able to get pictures of Evan wearing the hat before he fell asleep for the evening. But, don't worry, I'll be sure to get some tomorrow :)
The reason why I HAD to make Evan a new hat today (I know, most moms would just go out and buy a new hat for their child, I'm apparently a glutton for punishment) is because the temperature here in San Antonio dropped from low 80s yesterday to low 30s today. I realize that is nothing compared to what most of you are experiencing right now across the country! However, we were braving the cold to meet up with some very awesome friends for dinner tonight - Jim and Jillian Neiswender. We met them while we were up in Dayton and were lucky enough to spend the last few months with them here in Texas. They are leaving this week for their next assignment (Vegas!) and we wanted to hang out with them one last time. One sad thing about being military is that you often have to say "Bye" to your close friends. But, the military also has a funny way of often reuniting you with those same friends, so I know for a fact we will see them again soon :)
We will miss you guys, but can't wait to come visit you in Las Vegas :)







No comments:
Post a Comment