Saturday, February 12, 2011

What's Round on the Ends and HI in the Middle? OHIO!

Evan and I took a little trip yesterday....to OHIO!  YAY!  We've only been here for a day and half, but so far we've had a lot of fun hanging out with my Mom, Dad, and Steph.  Evan did wonderful on his first plane trip.  He basically slept the whole way!  I was a little - actually a lot - nervous about traveling by myself with him.  But, it was a fairly easy trip.  I know they have gotten a bad reputation recently but, I have to say, the TSA agents at the San Antonio airport are so helpful and nice!  And the Soutwest employees that I came in contact with were just as kind and helpful.  They all made what could have been a very stressful situation, a very easy and enjoyable trip.  I have only on regret and that is that Jimmy couldn't come with us. 


Today we spent the day hanging out with my Mom and Steph.  My sister Stephanie's school, Wright State Univeristy, was having a Bake Sale and Art Sale and Auction to help raise money for the Fine Arts Department's Senior Class.  Evan and I went to check out Steph's work and meet all of her friends (who were all super nice) .  It was a lot of fun!  I purchased two original lithography prints (of course they were Steph's).  One is called "A Rose" and the other is called "Crystal Rose."  Super excited to own my uber-talented sister's original art work!

(This photo doesn't do the art work justice!)

While we were leaving the Student Union at Wright State, Rowdy Raider - the WSU mascot - came walking by us.  And, even though Evan was sound asleep, I HAD to get a picture of him with Rowdy :)


I am kind of glad that Evan was asleep at the time because I am pretty sure he would have been scared by Rowdy and his big teeth!

No comments: