This post is dedicated to my Grandfather, John "Big John" McEnery. He passed away early Tuesday morning, February 15, 2011. He was an amazing man and an even more amazing Grandfather. Being military brats my sisters and I did not see our grandparents as much as we may have liked. However, whenever we did it was so special. As soon as we walked through the doors of 2100 Kirkwood Ave and you heard the words, "Hello Doll," all the months and days of separation seemed to disappear. We were always treated as if we were the most important people in the world. Big John was always there to greet us with a huge smile and a big hug. He always had a witty joke to liven up a conversation or a humorous story to energize dinner table conversation. He was a retired teacher and guidance counselor by trade and taught me many intellectual and life lessons I could not have learned in any class room. His beautiful garden was the scene for some of my favorite childhood memories, playing with my sisters and cousins. I am so thankful for all the time we had together and will always cherish the memories and love you gave me. I love you Big John and miss you very much. Say Hi to Grammie for me :)



Big John and Grammie on their 50th Wedding Anniversary
I will always Love and Miss you Big John.
1 comment:
That was beautiful, Jenny! I am so happy for the memories you have with your grandfather and you will hold tight to that love for the reat of your life. I pray that you have strength in the coming days as you prepare for Big John's funeral and peace that he is with our Lord!
Post a Comment