Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Date Night!!

nvWe have had fun here in San Antonio for the past week.  Jimmy's parents - PawPaw and Grandmother - came to visit us!  It was great to have them here and especially wonderful they were able to spend so much time with Evan.  We had a lot of fun during their visit (pictures of all the festivites to follow soon!).  While they were here, they offered to babysit Evan for an evening so that Jimmy and I could go out on a "date."  We hadn't been out on a date in such a long time!  So, needless to say, we jumped at the opportunity!  Jimmy will be gone for our anniversary in a few weeks, so we decided to do it up big and celebrate early.  We were brainstorming ideas on what to do, when Jimmy came up with the most amazing idea.  The Tower of Americas in downtown San Antonio!  I put on a nice dress, wore a pair of heels I haven't worn in over a year, actually spent more than 5 minutes on my make-up and hair and Jimmy dug into the back of his closet for a sports jacket, nice shirt and slacks (he was so handsome :)) and off we went!


The tower is 750 tall with a revolving restaurant, lounge, and observation deck at the top.  We enjoyed cocktails (I had a 'chocolate covered cherry' martini...yummy!)  and then dined on a delicous dinner.  All while enjoying incredible panaramic views of San Antonio.  Here are some pictures I took of the San Antonio sky-line throughout the course of our dinner.






After dinner we had the most AMAZING dessert.  Chocolate molten lava cake with vanilla ice cream and Heath Bar crumbles sprinkled on top!  I also like to refer to it as 'Pure Heaven served on a Plate.'


Oh, but wait, that was not the end to our amazing evening!  After leaving the restaurant, we went up to the observation deck.  I'll admit, I was a little scared!  Usually, I am not scared of heights.  But, for some reason that night, it got to me a little bit.  I think it had to do with the fact that I was wearing heels (which, even at 32, I have not mastered walking in) and it was SO incredibly windy!  But, even with the little bit of nervousness, I was still able to enjoy it and the views were incredible. 


Still not done!  After walking around the observation deck a few times, we took the long elevator ride down to the ground level where I enjoyed an after-dinner coffee and Jimmy enjoyed an after-dinner Icee.  We sat outside and spent the next few hours just talking and enjoying our time with each other.  It was such an incredible evening.  I cannot think of a more fabulous way to celebrate our anniversary. 

I really do have the most amazing husband. 


I am such a lucky and blessed woman.

I love him with my whole heart :)


xoxo

No comments: