Saturday, April 30, 2011

Half-Birthday Party!!

Last weekend was full of celebrations in our house.  Not only was it Easter weekend, but Evan also turned 6 months old!  Which meant, Half-Birthday time!!  When I informed Jimmy that we would be having a half-birthday party for Evan he just looked at me like I was crazy and laughed.  He thought I was joking.  He was wrong.  Apparently, he under estimates my power to celebrate all things Evan :)  So, I baked a Half-Birthday Cake and we celebrated the amazing first six months of Evan's life!  I personally cannot think of anything better to celebrate and honor than my little boy's precious gift of life :) 


Evan and his Half-Birthday Cake!


 I think I'll have some cake now!
Don't worry...he didn't actually eat the cake :)


Daddy and the half-birthday boy!


Mommy and the half-birthday boy!


My amazing little family :)

After eating the half-birthday cake and celebrating, we got down to business and colored some Easter eggs.  We all - Evan, Jimmy, Grandmother, Paw-Paw, and I - all decorated and personalized our own eggs.  It had been a very long time since I last colored Easter eggs.  It reminded me of all the fun my sisters and I had coloring eggs with my Mom and Dad when I was younger.  It was so much fun.  I hope as Evan gets to be a young boy he enjoys himself as I did and has just as many memories of fun times with Jimmy and I as I do with my parents.   




Evan is getting so big and is doing new stuff every day.  His six month well-baby check-up is next week.  Which means he gets his 6 month immunizations...Eeek!  I am working on a 'Evan is 6 months old' blog that I am planning on posting after his appointment.   He already seems like such a big boy :)


xoxo

No comments: