Monday, April 11, 2011

Our First NBA Game...Go Spurs!!

Two weekends ago Jimmy, Evan, and I went to our first NBA game.  Yep - It was a first for all three of us!  The San Antonio Spurs were playing the Phoenix Suns. It was a noon game on a Sunday.  So, it was perfect for Evan.  Jimmy was super excited  that the Spurs were playing the Suns.  This meant, in theory, he was going to get to see his favorite NBA star, Steve Nash.  However, Nash ended up having the flu and sat out the game.  Jimmy was bummed and even though the game was sans Nash, we had a blast!  It was such an awesome way to spend the day as a family.  I'm so happy that we decided to go!







In the picture above, Jimmy is graciously demonstrating how we had to hold our hands over Evan's ears for most of the game.  Apparently NBA games are EXTREMELY loud!  The last thing we wanted to do was give our little boy permanent hearing damage at 5 months of age.  I feel silly for not even thinking before hand about how loud the arena would be.  Evan didn't seem to mind though...He enjoyed all the lights and watching the players run back and forth on the court.  I could tell that the noise wasn't bothering him too much when he sacked out in Jimmy's arms toward the end of the game....




 Needless to say, I came home and researched ear protection for children and will be ordering these for future events!


xoxo

No comments: