Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wright State University's Senior Art Show 2011


My sister Stephanie is graduating in a few weeks from Wright State University with a Bachelors of Fine Arts with a concentration in Painting.  She has worked so hard to earn this degree.  I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of her and her hard work.

The Wright State University Senior Class currently has an art exhibit running at the Robert and Elaine Stein Gallery at the Creative Arts Center on campus.  It showcases everything from painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, and everything else in between.  Evan and I went to visit the exhibit this past Saturday.  And, can I just tell you, I was in complete awe. The level of talent shown in that exhibit is absolutely mind-blowing.  Every time I turned my head or walked around a corner I was amazed.

I know Steph has worked countless hours on all of her art.  I've heard stories about her working long into the night.  Coming out of her studio with cuts, blisters, and bruises on her hands.  It was so wonderful to see her paintings framed and on display for everyone to appreciate.  I've always been so proud of both my sisters.  They have an amazing way of not only achieving their goals, but, going above and beyond.  Seeing Steph's art hanging on a wall in a art gallery makes me so happy for her and even more proud.  I am such a lucky big sister!
 



I told Steph I wanted the above painting....fingers crossed :)


These are pictures of Steph and her painting and prints on display.  For some reason my pictures didn't turn out very good and I wasn't able to get as many as I liked.  The battery was very low on my camera (again, my love/hate relationship with cameras carries on!).  But, I will get some more soon.  The show is running until June 12 and I definitely want to go back again! 

If you are in the Dayton area, you really should go check out the WSU Senior Art Show.  It is free and open to anyone who wants to come visit.  You definitely will not be disappointed!

2 comments:

Paris said...

It's crazy to think back to when me and Steph were little. We were pushing around cabbage patch dolls in strollers. Seems like yesterday! Now I'm a mom and she's graduating from college! So happy for her!!!!

aubrey said...

Wow Jenny! I am impressed and can see why you are so proud! Congrats to you both!