This evening I took on the task of downloading some videos off of our camera. You see, I'm one of those moms where anytime Evan does ANYTHING I grab my little FLip video camera and tape it. So, it was a task to download, label, and organize hundreds of short videos. But, I will not delete a single one of them. No matter how short (some are just seconds long) or how boring they may seem to others (some involve Evan just laying there while I'm trying to coax him to laugh). Watching them was like Evan grow up all over again over the past few months. They made me so happy! By the time I got to the last video I had a smile on my face and 'happy' tears running down my cheeks.
A favorite of mine (they ALL really are my favorites!) is one where Evan had just started smiling and Jimmy and I were trying to capture it on film. It was a tiny smile. The kind where just the corners of the mouth turned up just slightly. But, I remember, at the time, it was the most beautiful smile I had even seen. To me it was his way of saying, "Yep Mommy and Daddy, I know you are are there and I love you." It makes my heart melt :)
Sweet baby Evan smiling for Mommy and Daddy
1/11/2011
xoxox
1 comment:
you should post more videos...maybe then i wouldn't cry when i see one!
Post a Comment